IMPORTANT: The FinPro Help Desk is transitioning to a PSC Service Desk. Learn how the OUC and PSC are reorganizing help desk and training functions. During the transition (Sept 7-Oct 31), hours for phone service are 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m., Mon-Fri. Voicemail will not be monitored. Email us anytime at FinProHelp@cu.edu.
Do you need an airline ticket for a University trip?
For trips within the United States, you should use the Concur Travel & Expense System, following the procedures on this page. All domestic and international travel must be approved prior to booking a trip. It is recommended that domestic travel be approved using Concur Request. All international travel must be approved using Concur Request and you will need to enter your Request ID to finalize your international reservation.
For international trips, see Booking International Airfare in Concur.
Need to change or cancel an airline ticket booked in Concur? You’ll need to contact a Christopherson Business Travel (CBT) agent to change the flight.
Watch the video
Read the procedures
You can book flights, rail travel, rental cars, and hotels in Concur.
You’ll need a University Travel Card or personal credit card identified in your Concur Profile to complete your rail or hotel bookings - see Completing your Profile.
- Once you have your department’s approval to travel, log in to Concur.
- If you’re booking the trip for yourself, you can get started right from the home page.
- If you’re booking the trip for someone else, you’ll first need to pick the person you’re booking for. To act as a Travel Arranger, click Profile and select that employee from the Acting as other user drop-down. Click Start Session. You’ll see the name of the person you’re arranging travel for display on the home page
- Use the Trip Search box to enter your trip information.
- You can restrict your flight/train search by changing the dropdowns for your depart and return.
- If you want to search for a rental car or a hotel after your flight search, check the boxes for Pick-up/Drop-off car at airport and/or Find a Hotel. Or you can use the designated tabs, later, to book a car or lodging.
- The Search by dropdown defaults to sort by Schedule. You can change to sort by Fares first -- or you can keep the Schedule default and compare fares later.
- Click Search and wait for your results to fully load.
- You can use the controls on the left to tweak your search. Use the matrix at the top of your screen to narrow down results.
- Click Select next to each flight you wish to book. Now you’re able to see the price.
- Click on the fare to proceed with booking your flights. You’ll be taken to a new page to review booking details and reserve.
- Verify the information on this page is correct. If you decide to change your flights, click Back. If you’re ready to proceed, click Reserve Flight and Continue.
- You may see a reminder if you haven’t booked a car or hotel reservation for your trip. Click Cancel if you want to go back and add a car and/or hotel to this search. Click OK to continue with your present itinerary.
- Enter the SpeedType you want to use to cover the ticket costs and indicate whether or not the trip is grant funded.
- Upon successful ticketing, an itinerary will be emailed to the traveler, the traveler’s supervisor, and any designated Travel Arrangers.
- Now - if you want - you can go back to the Concur home page and book a rental car or a hotel. Just remember:
- If you’re going to a conference, you may need to book your hotel through the conference website.
- Otherwise, if you’re booking a hotel through Concur, remember to save your Travel Card information in your Concur profile first.
- Upon return from your trip, you’ll create an expense report to reconcile Travel Card transactions and request reimbursement for any out-of-pocket transactions related to your trip. Effective January 1, 2021, any airfare transactions booked via Concur or CBT will be available to import and reconcile on your expense report.