FIN 9.2 Updates: FYE Timeline Changes, CIW Status, and ePERS Certifications
We’ve modified the fiscal year-end timeline for periods 997 and 998.
Due to a critical maintenance requirement on Sunday, July 24, we’ve modified the FYE processing timeline.
The planned systems outage – which cannot be rescheduled because it is essential to the successful opening of the academic year – is from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday. You will not be able to access financial or reporting systems during this timeframe.
Therefore, the following modifications for Period 997/Period 998 and CIW refreshes are now in effect:
- Campus close for Period 997 will move from Thursday, July 28 to Friday, July 29. System close for Period 997 will move from Friday, July 29 to Monday, August 1. PETs will remain open for processing by Denver Campus, Anschutz Medical Campus, and System Administration during this time.
- Close for Period 998 will move from Thursday, August 4 to Monday, August 8. After this point, all journals must be approved by the OUC. Campuses can continue to book accounting entries as needed in Period 998 on Saturday, August 6 and Sunday August 7 (hard stop at 6:00 p.m.).
- CIW will be refreshed overnight on Friday, July 22, and will be available the morning of Saturday, July 23 until Sunday, July 24 at 6:00 a.m.
- CIW will be refreshed Sunday, July 24 at 6:00 p.m. with activity over the weekend and retroactive changes to Period 0 (zero) from Fiscal Year 2010 through Fiscal Year 2015 (Fiscal Year 2016 has already completed). It will available on Monday.
- CIW will be refreshed overnight on Monday, July 25, and will be available Tuesday, July 26 on schedule.
- CIW will be refreshed overnight on Monday, August 8, and will be available Tuesday, August 9 on schedule.
This modification of close dates is intended to allow important hardware upgrade to occur as scheduled in advance of the start of fall terms, provide sufficient time for campus review and adjustment of FYE balances prior to the closing of Period 998, and ensure adequate time to prepare schedules needed for the external audit. The OUC thanks the staff of the campus controllers’ and sponsored project offices, UIS, and Employee Services for their collaboration to arrive at this mutually beneficial conclusion.
Want to find out when the CIW is refreshed and ready?
You can check the status of the CIW on the CIW GL Status website. There’s a handy link to the status website from the m-Fin Blog. Look under Related Links on the right side of blog page at http://www.cu.edu/blog/m-fin.
Recent ePERS emails raised questions and concerns.
As most of you know, we put ePERS email notifications on hold for many months after the December FIN upgrade. This was due to PET-related issues, including the fact that PETs were triggering new emails asking for ePERS to be recertified.
We turned on email notifications to let you know that Spring 2016 ePERS were ready to view – and unfortunately, individuals subsequently received emails telling them they were in violation of University policy because they had not yet certified Fall 2015 (or earlier) ePERS.
Please do not be concerned about these late-notification emails.
Given the length of time without email notifications, we do not consider you in violation of policy if you haven’t completed your certifications yet. However, if you are subject to such reporting, then we do encourage you to promptly review and certify to your effort for each semester.
Continue to let us know your questions and observations!