The University of Colorado is closely monitoring the situation in Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank as it affects University travel. Many airlines have already cancelled or suspended flights, and traveler advisories are changing regularly. For the most up-to-date information on worldwide travel advisories and how those impact any University business travel planning, please refer to the US Department of State Travel Advisories page.
CU travelers are also encouraged to utilize ISOS Membership Services (enter CU’s Membership No. 11BCAS000006 to log in) as an additional resource. To receive updated notifications dependent on your travel destination, download the ISOS mobile app. Note: All travel booked through Concur/CBT is automatically registered with ISOS.
The following information is supplemental to the Procurement - Purchasing and Contract Management online course which discusses the policies and procedures you need to know if your job requires you to buy goods and services or monitor procurements and contracts for the University of Colorado.
Take the course
The Procurement – Purchasing & Contract Management course is delivered online in Skillsoft. Log in to your campus portal and on the CU Resources Home tab, click the Skillsoft tile.
The PSC website contains information on procurement policies, procedures, and instructions, including:
- Advance Payment to Suppliers
- After-the-Fact Purchases
- Official Functions
- Payment Voucher / Authorization
- Sensitive Expenses
- See Procurement to locate information on the Commodity Listing, Tax Exempt Certificates, Price Cost Analysis, Purchasing Thresholds, Small Business Program, Procurement Code of Ethics, University of Colorado Procurement Rules, etc.
- See Forms to find forms mentioned in the course.
- See Training for step-by-step instructions on how to create purchase orders and requisitions in the CU Marketplace, etc.
- See Green Purchasing for environmentally responsible purchasing options.
Additional policies applicable to the procurement process
The Office of Policy and Efficiency website contains university policies, including:
Advice on purchasing specific commodities; review and approval of contracts/supplier agreements?
- Procurement Service Center (PSC) website - click on Procurement - Purchasing Services
- Commodity and Purchasing Agent Listing
- Contract Signing Authority
- Procurement Rules
Questions on the Procurement Card, purchasing and payable processes in the Marketplace, forms, procedures, policies? Contact the PSC Service Desk.
Questions on sponsored project fund use, sponsored project approval of requisitions? Contact your Campus Sponsored Project office.