Register Now: Continuing Professional Education Begins Sept 16
The OUC is pleased to present a new fiscal year-ful of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) beginning Tue, Sept 16, 2014. Registration for that day is now available online at www.cu.edu/controller/schedule-and-registration.
We start the new year with five popular and practical courses:
- How CU Spends $1 (8:30 a.m.-9:20 a.m.) offers an overview of the funding structure for the entire CU System, taught by our Associate Vice President and Chief Business Officer Geoff Barsch
- Fiscal Roles in Financial Systems and Reporting (9:30 a.m.-10:20 a.m.) explains the various fiscal roles and the responsibilities of persons assigned those roles, and further discusses approval and reporting problems and proper fiscal oversight
- State of a CPA Nation (10:30 a.m.-11:20 a.m.) outlines CPA licensing requirements and reporting periods, useful for current CPAs (and CPA wannabes)
- Cash Controls (12:30 p.m.-3:20 p.m.) provides essential information for anyone who handles or records cash for the University
- Paperless Financial Reconciliation (3:30 p.m.-4:20 p.m.) gives you the knowledge and tools to run a completely electronic monthly financial reconciliation – presented by Bryn Samuelson, co-winner of a CU Shared Practices (CUSP) award for developing the process
Note: Our courses offer CPE credit to Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) – and professional development to all CU employees. In other words, you do not have to be a CPA to take advantage of this program. You just have to be committed to understanding your fiscal responsibilities and enhancing your job performance in your department at any CU campus.