Recap: 2016 CU Innovation & Efficiency Awards Program
We saw a strong showing from all campuses in the CU Innovation & Efficiency (CU I&E) Awards Program this year. CU I&E is a recognition program that highlights employee creativity. You – our faculty and staff – are constantly re-thinking business processes and implementing new ways of working ... ways that create efficiencies, save resources, and enhance individual job performance and satisfaction.
You made CU a better place to work this year
We received dozens of entries during the annual submission period. Fourteen entries passed a rigorous vetting process prior to being posted on the CU I&E website. A group of semifinalists delivered summary presentations to the voting committee and took part in a high-energy Expo in May. Five of those semifinalist teams were honored with cash awards at the Expo reception.
Congratulations to all!
We presented cash awards to:
- Water Fill Trucks (Mike Hilton and Don Seeley/CU Boulder) - University Controller’s Award for Excellence
- Student Academic Success Center (SASC) Upgrade (David Lawlor/CU Boulder)
- PreAward Core (Rob Stiner, Myra Keeble, Kate Beatty, Thomas Shallow, Kristine Jenkins, and Steve Osswald/CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus)
- Slack and Trello (Travis Chillemi and Michael Edwards/CU System
- Deferred Maintenance Projects (Gregg Kahler, Denise Thomas, Jodie Ferrera, Zack Tupper, Ron Ried, and John Kamprath/CU Boulder)
We were impressed with the presentations of semifinalists:
- Total Compensation Snapshot (Sophia Lueth and Kelly Tasky/CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus)
- Typhon (Allison Boyrer and Deana Alfonso/CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus)
- Human Resources and Student Employment Offices (Rebecca Stephens, Jeanne Durr, Shannon Cable, and Susan Watson/CU Colorado Springs)
- Qgenda (Lauren Brummett and Marcy Gilbert/CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus)
We were pleased to see the other strong submissions that passed the vetting and posting process:
- Event Lighting (Sergio Laureano Rivera/CU Boulder)
- HireRight (Cynthia Rhoads and Anja Wynne/CU Colorado Springs)
- Integrated Recreation and Wellness Centers (Stephanie Hanenberg/CU Colorado Springs)
- Online Gift Cards (Timothy Halliday/CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus)
- Retrofit Kaivac Machines (Jack Bradford, Kit Powell, and Alisha Swofford/CU Boulder)
Read what they did
You can find out how they made things work better by checking out the CU I&E website.
Share what you’ve done
We’ll accept entries for the next program year during our annual submission period, January 1 through March 31. We look forward to hearing from you!