CU Innovation & Efficiency Tips, Part One: Help your department organize itself!
It's time for spring cleaning! Ask yourself ...
- Do you have stacks of paper documents that require someone’s signature?
- Do you wonder if your next event is on track and advertised correctly?
- Do you have new hires and wish there were something available to help them learn their jobs?
If you face these common challenges, your CU colleagues may have exactly the answers you’re looking for!
We’ve seen some great submissions to the CU Innovation & Efficiency (CU I&E) Awards Program this year.
Your colleagues have told us how they’ve improved their own business processes:
- At UCCS, they developed a new process that automated signature and flow, to stop the madness of having “contracts printed, stuffed in an envelope, mailed back and forth, and finally scanned to be uploaded for processing ” (repeated every time there was a change). See Digital Signatures Using Adobe Sign.
- At CU Boulder, they automated event tracking, including feeding event details directly into flyers, in order to “keep data consistent, and benefit grant and foundation reporting by tracking critical outcomes.” See Event Tracking Process.
- And, also at CU Boulder, they documented how to conduct critical daily tasks, to address “outdated information, forgotten processes, constant changes, and too many emails!” See Standard Operating Procedure Tool.
Take a look at other departments’ efforts to self-organize.
Pick the ones best suited for your own departmental spring cleaning!
In fact: check out all the CU Innovation & Efficiency Awards Program submissions this year on the Office of University Controller website.
What's the CU I&E Program all about? Watch our quick flick!