CU Innovation & Efficiency Tips, Part 4: Help your department deliver information!
How do you get the right information to the right people, at the right time, in the right way? Ask yourself ...
- Do you have a process that's being slowed down, waiting for data?
- Do you think you could improve customer service through better information delivery?
We're all in the information-delivery business. And your CU colleagues may have tips to help!
Here are some great ideas from this year's CU Innovation & Efficiency (CU I&E) Awards Program.
Your colleagues have told us how they’ve enhanced information collection and delivery in their departments:
- At CU Boulder, they developed a Cognos report that summarizes sponsored award information, cutting routing process time in half. Under the old process, "The time it took to navigate among the numerous PeopleSoft screens added no value to the routing process or the overall sponsored project process." See New Sponsored Project Routing Process Tool.
- At UCCS, they facilitated VA benefits for over 1,400 students by integrating an OnBase form submitted by the student with CU-SIS, allowing easy generation of reports and tracking of students. "Before, it was a manual process and students were sometimes overlooked, delaying their benefits and creating a financial burden." See Veterans Benefit Module with OnBase Integration.
- At CU System, they redesigned policy websites to help users understand fiscal roles/responsibilities by teaching in brain-compatible ways, so "visitors to our policy website are more likely to find what they need—understand what they read—and remember it later." See Policies as if People Mattered.
See what other departments have done to streamline and/or go paperless.
In fact: check out all the CU I&E Awards Program submissions this year on the Office of University Controller website.
And mark your calendar to join us at the CU I&E Expo on May 15
Come to the CU I&E Exposition & Awards Ceremony on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 (11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.), at the System offices (1800 Grant St., Denver).
Watch this year's CU I&E semifinalists demo their submissions and ask them questions about their innovations. Hear the announcement of prize winners. Enjoy light refreshments and great conversation with your CU colleagues. All employees are invited to attend.