Congratulations, CU I&E Award Winners of 2019!
It's difficult to select award winners from such an impressive pool of semi-finalists.
On May 7, the ten CU I&E semi-finalists of 2019 described their accomplishments at the Office of University Controller's annual CU Innovation & Efficiency Awards Expo.
Attendees enjoyed refreshments, 1:1 discussion time with the individual teams, and short formal presentations recapping the semi-finalists' innovations. CU System Senior Vice President & Chief of Staff Leonard Dinegar and CU I&E Program Manager Fran Chapman commended all of this year's submissions and thanked employees for their efforts to enhance CU business processes and environments.
The 2019 program award winners are:
- Advancing Scholarship Through an In-House Research Support Center (Merlin Ariefdjohan, Emmaly Perks, and Melissa Sinclair, with funding support from Dr. Douglas Novins - University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus)
- Autoclave Program for Managing Biohazardous Waste (Denise A. Donnelly and Mark Garcia-University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus)
- Commercial Paper to Fund Construction Projects (Charles Cook, Dan J. Wilson, and Michelle Travis-University of Colorado System)
- CU Non-employee Reimbursements (Adam Rodriguez, Jaime Mendez, Calvin Anderson, and Linda Warren-University of Colorado System)
And the winner of the grand prize -- the University Controller’s Award for Excellence -- is:
- Developing the UCCS Orientation Mobile App (Hailey Santonastaso and Nick Lockwood-University of Colorado Colorado Springs)
Congratulations to our award winners and to all our semi-finalists this year!
If you missed the Expo event -- or you attended and you want to learn more about the semi-finalists and what they did -- be sure to check out our short videos of their accomplishments! They're available on the CU I&E website.