Cognos Reporting System Update: Introducing CU-Data
If you use the m-Fin reports in Cognos: two things to note this month:
- We’re upgrading to a new version of the Cognos Reporting System on Monday, April 24. (And it’ll have a new name: CU-Data.)
- In CU-Data, you’ll see a change in the user interface as you navigate to reports … but your experience with the actual m-Fin prompts and reports will not change.
Here’s what to expect …
Available now: a learning website to help you get ready for CU-Data
We’ve created a website to provide you with information and instructions on CU-Data, the upgraded Cognos Reporting System. This main website provides the following information:
- A link to What to Expect with CU-Data – find out what’s changing and what’s not;
- Links to three How-To videos – learn about Running a Report, Drilling Down, and Creating Report Views;
- URL and instructions to log in to the test environment – try it for yourself before it goes live; and,
- A feedback form – tell us what you think and ask us specific questions.
Available April 24: the new CU-Data environment
On Monday, April 24, you’ll see the new navigation to Cognos Reporting in your campus portal.
- You’ll have links to CU-Data … and (for a while!) you’ll still have links to the older version of Cognos Reporting. After April 24, if there are changes to m-Fin reports, those changes will only take place in the new CU-Data environment.
- You’ll be able to use Internet Explorer as your web browser … and not worry about setting compatibility mode.
- You’ll have some new reporting options and be able to take advantage of some new features and functionality … we’ll talk more about these in future communications.
Use the feedback form on the learning website.