This page is designed to assist with making software purchases simpler and more efficient. Before purchasing software, please visit your campus software page to see if they have an existing agreement in place for purchasing your software, take advantage of negotiated discounts, and get support from your campus OIT department.
Guidelines for purchasing software
If your campus OIT does not have the software you are looking for, it is recommended you purchase your software through the recommended suppliers currently on University contract, listed below on the MSA List using a requisition.
How to order
Refer to the IT Procurement Checklist in the Related Resources link.
You may purchase from Non-Contract suppliers, IF:
- They accept University Purchase Orders
- They are reputable and are in good business standing
- Your campus OIT has approved the purchase or has been notified
- They are willing to negotiate with the University
- Security and Compliance teams have reviewed and provided their final assessment
Things to Remember when choosing a Non-Contracted supplier:
- Suppliers who are required to come on campus must provide necessary insurance forms prior to installation or work beginning.
- Your team may be choosing a solution that the University may not be able to contract with or that may result in a longer contract process. Please plan accordingly.
Important Note:IF your campus OIT does not have the software you are looking for, it is recommended you purchase your Software through the recommended suppliers currently on University contract, listed below using a requisition.
Enterprise-Wide Agreement List: Software
|Strategic Catalog Supplier||Description||Term End|
|Dell||Hardware and software reseller.||2/17/2023|
|Catalog Supplier||Description||Term End|
|CDW||Hardware and Software reseller.||10/30/2023|
|Connection Public Sector Solutions||Connection Public Sector Solutions offers special education and government pricing contracts for computer hardware, peripherals, software, A/V, and IT services.||7/31/2027|
|CarahSoft/I2||Reseller of IT hardware, software and consulting services to federal, state and local governments, and educational institutions||8/14/2023|
|DLT/I2||Amazon Web Services (AWS).||2/2/2025|
|Insight Sector||Contract vehicle for digital innovation, cloud & data center transformation, connected workforce and supply chain optimization.||1/31/2023|
|Adobe (CDW)||Graphics, photography, illustration, animation, multimedia/video, motion pictures, print, e-signature, & PDF.||6/26/2023|
|Bluefin||Payment and data security/ management.||2/27/2023|
|CrashPlan||Data Backups, IT Backup Platform Services||8/29/2025|
|Data Brands Aquisition-Formstack||Workplace productivity platform that helps organizations streamline digital work through no-code online forms, documents, and signatures.||6/13/2026|
|Docusign||Electronic Signature. (Ordered through Carasoft.)||8/14/2023|
|Microsoft (CDW)||Computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Windows, Office Suite, and Edge web browsers.||9/30/2026|
|Oracle CSA||Cloud services agreemeement||4/18/2027|
|Oracle OLSA||License and service agreement||5/31/2024|
|Proctorio||Automated proctoring software or human-based live proctoring to ensure academic integrity on every online assessment.||11/8/2025|
|Qualtrics||Web-based survey tool to conduct survey research, evaluations and other data collection activities.||11/24/2025|
|Salesforce uMSA||Customer relationship management, customer service, marketing automation, analytics, and application development.||7/28/2026|
|Syntellis||Enterprise performance management software and data analytics solutions for healthcare, higher education and financial institutions.||3/8/2025|
|Tableau||Interactive data visualization software.||6/30/2025|
|VMware (CDW)||Cloud computing and virtualization. Run multiple application and operating system workloads on one server. Resource management.||3/15/2023|
|Zoom||Enterprise video communications.||1/6/2026|
Important Note:For ALL goods or services that involve, but not limited to, digital interface, software, licenses, or systems that can store, manage, control, manipulate or retrieve information/data for human interaction, including videos, platform, web content/web development, and communications products require compliance review and approval.
COMPLIANCE ASSESSMENT PROCESS (HIGH LEVEL):
For Goods or Services that meet the criteria above, please ensure your campus Security and Compliance team has reviewed your request (including renewals or previously processed) for compliance. These teams may require PSC “Purchasing” to insert specific compliance language into the Contract, add to the SOW, quote, etc...
*Please NOTE, this part of the process is mandatory and can take several weeks. The Purchasing team cannot and will not begin their process until this step is complete and they have the results from the respective campus compliance team. Additional negotiations between the University and supplier may be required and take additional time. For more information regarding this step in the process, please click on your campuses link below or review the attached PowerPoint “Purchasing Process High level” (Attached in email) for more information.
- Attach the final Security and Compliance results to the requisition or email your respective Purchasing Agent responsible for the commodity. This information can be located on our website at Commodity Listing | University of Colorado (cu.edu).
- Attach the underlying/original agreement to the requisition. Please check the term of the contract to ensure it is an active contract. *Please note: Pre 2010 contracts will require our Contracts team to update our University terms and conditions.
- Your Purchasing Agent will negotiate the Contract, Quote, SoW, & Supplier Supporting Documentation.
- Once executed, your Purchasing Agent will email you the signed copy for further processing (issuance of PO for $10k and under OR will issue the PO for $10k and greater).