One-liners are reports with one line per speedtype or project. They are handy when you have a lot of speedtypes or projects to review or when you have a set of speedtypes or projects that need to be considered together as a group. We have two new one-liners ready for you to try:
- Project Reports > m-Fin PROJECT SPEEDTYPE ONE-LINER
- m-Fin SPEEDTYPE ONE-LINER
Use m-Fin PROJECT SPEEDTYPE ONE-LINER when you are solely focused on projects. It offers project-specific options such as filtering by project end date and displaying project AR type (accounts receivable type).
Use m-Fin SPEEDTYPE ONE-LINER when you are interested in all funds. It is like m-Fin SPEEDTYPE SUMMARY but is less strictly focused on available balance. m-Fin SPEEDTYPE ONE-LINER always will show the budget amount if you ask it to, for example, whereas m-Fin SPEEDTYPE SUMMARY reveals the budget amount only if the speedtype's available balance is budget based.
Both of these reports have many options in the EXTRAS prompt, allowing you quite a bit of control over which columns will appear. While this is nice for the increased flexibility it provides, it does confront you with quite a few EXTRAS options to pick from. You'll need to spend a few minutes getting oriented.
Both of these reports have optional prompts that provide for up to four levels of subtotaling. Want the speedtypes subtotaled by fund within each org? Set group A to org and group B to fund. Want a simple list instead, uncluttered by subtotaling headers and footers? Leave all four of these prompts unused.
You'll find the subtotal prompts on the second page of prompting, available via the Next button.
Other m-Fin one-liners
The other one-liners already available in m-Fin differ from these new reports in the following ways:
- m-Fin SPEEDTYPE SUMMARY - More focused on the available balance calculation (so much so that I've often thought we should have named this report m-Fin AVAILABLE BALANCE).
- m-Fin BUDGET TO ACTUAL - Separate rows for revenues, expenditures, and transfers. So a speedtype might have up to three lines in this report. Does not provide any balance sheet data (i.e. assets and liabilities).
- m-Fin ACCOUNTING SUMMARY - Shows the effects of re-orgs and shows cash roll-ups. No budget data. Meant for for seeing how current fiscal year activity contributes to the current assets and liabilities.
- m-Fin ACCOUNTING SUMMARY FUND 34 - Purely focused on fund 34 gift.
- Project Reports > m-Fin PROJECT ONE-LINER - Combines multi-speedtype (multi-subclass) projects into one line.
- Project Reports > m-Fin PROJECT SPENDING TRENDS - Inspects the last seven months of activity to determine if a pattern of accelerated spending is taking shape that looks like it might go over budget. Can run for all projects associated with a particular project accountant.
If these other reports were never quite what you were looking for in a one-liner then please come on into Cognos QA and give our two new reports a test drive. [These reports migrated to production in April 2015.]