Employees can edit personal information through the portal.

When an employee has a change of address, phone, email or other personal details, ask them to update that information using the self-service features in the CU Resources area of the employee portal (my.cu.edu). In addition, share this page with instructions on using the portal's self-service features.

Changing phone numbers

Changing phone numbers, including cell phone, campus 1, campus 2 or home numbers, must go through multi-factor authentication. This process protects W-2, W-4, direct deposit and phone information by asking employees to authenticate their identity using a passcode, provided through a phone call or text message.

If an employee's phone number has changed and he/she no longer has access to an old number, the employee will need you to update the phone number within HCM.

Legal name change

If an employee's legal name has changed, advise them to contact their campus Human Resources office.

CU Boulder

CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus


CU System

When to contact Employee Services

If a retiree, surviving spouse, or terminated or resigned employee needs to update personal information, please ask that person to contact Employee Services at 303-860-4200, option 3, or EmployeeServices@cu.edu for assistance.

For other employee data issues, please email Employee Services at hcm_community@cu.edu. Please include your name, employee ID, contact information and a description of the problem.

Note: Address changes entered in HCM will update the employee's address with health, dental and life insurance providers. However, the employee must contact PERA and the university's flexible spending account administrators with address changes.