Marshall Fire: We know that many of our students, faculty and staff have been affected by the Marshall Fire, and the University of Colorado will do everything we can to provide support. Please visit your campus page for immediate resources.
The Additional Pay transaction adds a bonus, moving/relocation reimbursement or incentive pay to an employee's wages.
There are two types of additional payments:
- A one-time payment issues once during a pay period and ends on or after the pay end date.
- A recurring payment issues a payment over more than one pay period.
Step-by-Step: Making an additional one-time payment
Step-by-Step: Making an additional recurring payment
Quick Reference Guide: View completed ePAR transactions
Step-by-Step: Approving transactions
Form: Additional Pay Form
Job Aid: Transaction Pages and Action Reasons
Tips and Tricks
- Both one-time and recurring payments must be approved. Once approved, one-time payments feed into Reported CU Time, while recurring payments feed into payroll and are stored in the HCM additional pay page.
- A one-time payment needs to have an end date so it's included in the next pay cycle.
- Recurring payments require both a monthly amount and a goal amount. You can split this payment between more than one speedtype to create two separate additional pay transactions.