The Additional Pay transaction adds a bonus, moving/relocation reimbursement or incentive pay to an employee's wages.
There are two types of additional payments:
- A one-time payment issues once during a pay period and ends on or after the pay end date.
- A recurring payment issues a payment over more than one pay period.
Step-by-Step: Making an additional one-time payment
Step-by-Step: Making an additional recurring payment
Quick Reference Guide: View completed ePAR transactions
Step-by-Step: Approving transactions
Form: Additional Pay Form
Job Aid: Transaction Pages and Action Reasons
Tips and Tricks
- Both one-time and recurring payments must be approved. Once approved, one-time payments feed into Reported CU Time, while recurring payments feed into payroll and are stored in the HCM additional pay page.
- A one-time payment needs to have an end date so it's included in the next pay cycle.
- Recurring payments require both a monthly amount and a goal amount. You can split this payment between more than one speedtype to create two separate additional pay transactions.