Regents approve revisions to equal pay-related policies
The Board of Regents formally approved conforming revisions to the following policies for compliance with the Colorado “Equal Pay for Equal Work Act”:
- Policy 3.C: Searches for Administrators and Guidelines for the Appointment of Chief Officers of the University
- Policy 3.E: Appointments of Officers of the University and Officers of the Administration
- Policy 3.F: Evaluations for Officers of the University and Officers of the Administration
- Policy 6.B: Staff Recruitment
- Policy 6.C: Appointments of Staff
- Policy 10.E: Compensation Principles (formerly Salary Review to Determine Inequities)
- Policy 11.B: Faculty Salary
- Policy 11.C: University Staff Salary
In 2019, Colorado passed the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, which took effect on January 1, 2021. The law is designed to reduce the compensation gap that exists based on sex, or sex plus another protected status, between workers doing substantially similar work.
Each Colorado employer is responsible for implementing practices and procedures required by the act to achieve equity in employee compensation. Over the past year, existing university and campus policies and procedures have been reviewed and revised to ensure compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
These changes were approved by the Board of Regents at their February 10, 2022, meeting and will be made retroactive to January 1, 2021.
For more detailed information, go to https://www.cu.edu/regents/rlpreview#tabs-2.