The University of Colorado is closely monitoring the situation in Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank as it affects University travel. Many airlines have already cancelled or suspended flights, and traveler advisories are changing regularly. For the most up-to-date information on worldwide travel advisories and how those impact any University business travel planning, please refer to the US Department of State Travel Advisories page.
CU travelers are also encouraged to utilize ISOS Membership Services (enter CU’s Membership No. 11BCAS000006 to log in) as an additional resource. To receive updated notifications dependent on your travel destination, download the ISOS mobile app. Note: All travel booked through Concur/CBT is automatically registered with ISOS.
Any person employed by the University of Colorado who purchases goods and services, or is involved in the purchasing process for the University, shall be bound by this code and shall:
- Avoid the intent and appearance of unethical or compromising practice in relationships, actions, and communications;
- Demonstrate loyalty to the University of Colorado by diligently following all lawful instructions while using professional judgment, reasonable care, and exercising only the authority granted;
- Conduct all purchasing activities in accordance with the laws, while remaining alert to and advising the University of Colorado regarding the legal ramifications of the purchasing decisions;
- Refrain from any private or professional activity that would create a conflict between personal interests and the interests of the University of Colorado;
- Identify and strive to eliminate participation of any individual in operational situations where a conflict of interest may be involved;
- Never solicit or accept money, loans, credits, or prejudicial discounts, and avoid the acceptance of gifts, entertainment, favors, or services from present or potential suppliers which might influence or appear to influence purchasing decisions;
- Promote positive supplier relationships through impartiality in all phases of the purchasing cycle;
- Display the highest ideals of honor and integrity in all public and personal relationships in order to merit the respect and inspire the confidence of the public being served;
- Provide an environment where all business concerns, large or small, majority- or minority-owned, are afforded an equal opportunity to compete for University of Colorado business; and,
- Enhance the proficiency and stature of the purchasing profession by adhering to the highest standards of ethical behavior.