The University of Colorado is closely monitoring the situation in Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank as it affects University travel. Many airlines have already cancelled or suspended flights, and traveler advisories are changing regularly. For the most up-to-date information on worldwide travel advisories and how those impact any University business travel planning, please refer to the US Department of State Travel Advisories page.
CU travelers are also encouraged to utilize ISOS Membership Services (enter CU’s Membership No. 11BCAS000006 to log in) as an additional resource. To receive updated notifications dependent on your travel destination, download the ISOS mobile app. Note: All travel booked through Concur/CBT is automatically registered with ISOS.
The University has a managed travel program that includes the Concur Travel & Expense System (Concur) for online domestic/international bookings and Christopherson Business Travel (CBT) for group travel and for domestic/international bookings.
All airfare purchases need to be made using the University travel program unless an exception applies as outlined below. If you are considering purchasing airfare through the internet (instead of booking through Concur or CBT), it’s important that you follow the PSC Procedural Statement Travel and the Internet Airfare Policy below to ensure you will be reimbursed for your purchase.
Our travel procedures allow an exception to policy for internet airfare purchases under one of these circumstances:
1. The fare is not available for purchase through the University Travel Program. Limitations could be related to international in-country travel, remote travel, etc.
Exceptions for fares that are not available for purchase through the travel program (Concur or CBT) must be approved prior to purchase by emailing an exception request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Your exception request must include all flight information in addition to an email from the CBT agent with whom you worked stating that airfare is not available for purchase through the CU travel program (Concur/CBT).
2. Significant cost savings are demonstrated to the University.
For an internet airfare purchase to demonstrate significant cost savings, all of the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- Obtain a comparison quote from Concur dated on or prior to the date of the internet purchase.
- Comparison quote must be for the exact itinerary – same travel dates, times, routes, and airline/s as the planned internet purchase.
- When compared to the quote from Concur or CBT, the cost of the internet airfare purchase must be:
- $50 less for domestic flights.
- $200 less international flights.
NOTE: Cost comparison and justification applies to airfare only. Ancillary fees, such as seat assignment, pre-check, baggage, etc., are not considered as part of the purchase price.
- Purchase must be made using a personal credit card and reimbursement can only be requested after the trip concludes. A copy of previously obtained comparison quote must be attached to the trip expense report.
All airfare purchases are audited to ensure they meet reimbursement requirements. If you should submit a report that includes an internet airfare purchase that does not meet reimbursement requirements, you may be granted a one-time exception allowing for reimbursement. Any additional purchases not meeting requirements will not be reimbursed .