IMPORTANT: The FinPro Help Desk is transitioning to a PSC Service Desk. Learn how the OUC and PSC are reorganizing help desk and training functions. During the transition (Sept 7-Oct 31), hours for phone service are 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m., Mon-Fri. Voicemail will not be monitored. Email us anytime at FinProHelp@cu.edu.
The Procurement Service Center (PSC) and the Office of University Controller (OUC) are pleased to announce a reorganization as to how they deliver Help Desk and Training Services to CU’s campuses.
In the past, these solutions for both finance and procurement were provided by the OUC’s Finance & Procurement Business Services team, including the FinPro Help Desk. While this has worked well over the years, our offices feel that optimal customer service at this time will be delivered by separating the two functions, enabling each office to focus on its core mission. Therefore, responsibility for Help Desk and Training for procurement will transfer from the OUC to the PSC.
What this means to you...
Beginning in September 2021:
- The PSC will reorganize to incorporate a new unit – Customer Success & Organizational Excellence – that will directly deliver help desk, training, and related services exclusively for purchasing, payables, travel, and other areas within the purview of the PSC.
- The OUC will realign its current Finance & Procurement Business Services team. The new unit – Financial Services & Solutions – will focus on training modalities/methods and content related to finance, financial reporting, fiscal responsibilities, and the OUC’s Continuing Professional Education Program.
The reorganization was initiated jointly by the PSC and OUC with the purpose of redistributing our resources more effectively. By enabling each office to focus on its core mission, we will enhance the service and leadership that each provides to internal (CU) and external customers.
We will present regular updates on this website and on the OUC Reorg website -- as well as through our usual communication channels -- throughout the full transition period, August-November 2021.
As part of the process, we look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to share your thoughts through the Questions & Feedback form (see below, and also on the OUC website).
What to expect this week
- NEW phone hours (9/7/21-10/31/21): During our Sept-Oct transition, FinProHelp/PSC Service Desk phone hours will be 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m. (Mon-Fri). Voicemail will not be monitored. Use email during hours the phones are not available. Type URGENT as first word of email subject if you need immediate assistance.
Click on the toggles below to learn more about how the PSC is reorganizing to enhance service delivery. To learn more about how the Office of University Controller is reorganizing, click here.
Overview: Our New Organizational Structure
Here's how we're reorganizing our office to better serve you:
- The current Operations team -- which comprises supplier and payables support -- is being expanded to include customer experience specialists in a dedicated PSC service desk: Customer Experience & Operations.
- The Customer Experience & Operations service desk will be established in a new Customer Success & Organizational Excellence unit in the PSC, with additional staffing and resources identified within that unit to further support customer satisfaction through training, analysis, and process improvement.
To see our org chart, click here.
New PSC Service Desk
Our new PSC service desk will provide 1:1 assistance with Concur, Marketplace, and their related policies and forms. When the new PSC service desk is operational (October 2021), you will be able to reach us in a variety of ways:
- Email: Effective Oct 1, the new PSC Service Desk email is PSC@cu.edu. For your convenience, the FinProHelp@cu.edu email will forward to our new Service Desk email from Oct 1-Dec 31, 2021.
- Telephone: The Finance & Procurement Help Desk phone (303.837.2161) will become the PSC Service Desk phone. No need to change your speed-dial.
- Chat: During the initial reorganization/transition period (August-October), chat is not available. We plan to reactivate it later this fall and will let you know when that takes place.
Training & Documentation
The PSC service desk can assist you with 1:1 help and with referral to training sessions, online courses, and web-based and other guidance.
PSC Policies and Procedures
For questions on an Administrative Policy Statement (APS) or PSC Procedural Statement (PPS) related to purchasing, payables, or travel, the PSC service desk can assist you in finding the appropriate policy and in interpreting it/applying it to your specific situation.