Subcontract Standing Purchase Orders (Subcontract SPOs) are for repetitive purchases or for services provided by a supplier over a specific period of time, where there is a subcontract. A subcontract is involved when the University plans to purchase services from an external supplier (e.g., another university) with funds from an external sponsor (e.g., the National Institutes of Health).
For Subcontract SPOs that are greater than $25,000 and need to account for Facilities & Administrative costs (F&A), the requisition needs to be set up with 2 PO lines, with one account code pointing to line 1 and another pointing to line 2. See CU Marketplace: Creating SPO - Subcontract Purchases Subject to F&A Accounting for further instructions.
From the homepage in CU Marketplace, click Catalogs, and then click on one of the commodity dashboards at the top of the page (any commodity will work):
Scroll down to the Showcases section and select SPO - Sponsored Project Subcontract from CU Purchasing & Payment Forms:
The form will open. Enter the Supplier under Payment Information or click the search icon. Select the appropriate supplier from the list of results, ensuring to select the location the purchase order should be distributed from using the + icon:
Can't find the supplier/information needed?
1) If the supplier to purchase from is available in Marketplace, but the specific address is not listed in the search results, email email@example.com requesting that they add a fulfillment address to the supplier - an email address or fax number will be needed
2) If the supplier is not available, they will need to be setup using Requesting a Purchase Order Supplier for the CU Marketplace
Once the supplier is verified, enter the required information under Standing Order Details:
1) Enter the SPO Description.
2) The Unit Price defaults to “1.00” and cannot be changed.
3) Enter the full amount of the SPO as the SPO Encumbrance, or if encumbering less than the full amount, enter the specific amount that should be encumbered. This is what will show on the financial reports.
4) Select a Commodity Code.
Under Standing Order Term:
1) Enter the Begin Date of the SPO. This is a date in the future when work should begin.
2) Enter the End Date of the SPO. This is a date in the future when the last invoice is expected.
Under Additional SPO Details:
1) Enter the Subcontract Grand Total amount. This is the full amount expected to pay over the course of this SPO.
2) If renewing an existing Subcontract SPO, enter the Standing Order PO # being replaced.
In the top right of the form, click Add and Go to Cart:
Note: If the requisition is less than $10,000, it will be automatically returned. An email from CU Marketplace will be sent noting that the grand total must be increased on the SPO form before resubmitting the requisition.