The University of Colorado is closely monitoring the situation in Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank as it affects University travel. Many airlines have already cancelled or suspended flights, and traveler advisories are changing regularly. For the most up-to-date information on worldwide travel advisories and how those impact any University business travel planning, please refer to the US Department of State Travel Advisories page.
CU travelers are also encouraged to utilize ISOS Membership Services (enter CU’s Membership No. 11BCAS000006 to log in) as an additional resource. To receive updated notifications dependent on your travel destination, download the ISOS mobile app. Note: All travel booked through Concur/CBT is automatically registered with ISOS.
Your Travel Reconciliation expense report may contain both Travel Card expenses (which are paid directly with University funds) and out-of-pocket expenses (which you paid for with personal funds and now need reimbursed). The amounts displayed at the bottom of your expense report reflect totals for all of the expenses added to your expense report–both Travel Card and out-of-pocket.
Read the procedures
- When you finish adding expenses to your report, click the Details dropdown menu and select Totals. The Report Totals window appears.
- In the Expense Report section:
- The Report Total is the sum of *all* of the expenses added to this expense report.
- Less Personal Amount reflects expenses marked as Personal Travel Charges, such as meals paid for using your Travel Card. This amount is deducted from your reimbursement request.
- In the Company Disbursements section:
The Amount Due Employee is how much you are requesting for reimbursement from CU. This includes mileage and per diem reimbursement. It also includes the deduction of Personal Travel Charges, as noted in the Less Personal Amount total.
If instead you owe money to CU, this amount would be zero… And the amount you owe would appear under the Employee Disbursements section as Amount Owed Company.
- In the Employee Disbursements section:
If there is a Total Owed By Employee listed, this amount is owed to the University by you. You should write a check payable to the University of Colorado and deposit it into the appropriate SpeedType using the Cash Receipt form. (The Account ChartField to use is 013109.) A validated Cash Receipt form must be attached to the expense report before submission.
- Click Close to return to your expense report.