Your Travel Reconciliation expense report may contain both Travel Card expenses (which are paid directly with University funds) and out-of-pocket expenses (which you paid for with personal funds and now need reimbursed). The amounts displayed at the bottom of your expense report reflect totals for all of the expenses added to your expense report–both Travel Card and out-of-pocket.

Read the procedures

  1. When you finish adding expenses to your report, click the Details dropdown menu and select Totals. The Report Totals window appears.
  2. In the Expense Report section:
    - The Report Total is the sum of *all* of the expenses added to this expense report.
    - Less Personal Amount reflects expenses marked as Personal Travel Charges, such as meals paid for using your Travel Card. This amount is deducted from your reimbursement request.
  3. In the Company Disbursements section:
    The Amount Due Employee is how much you are requesting for reimbursement from CU. This includes mileage and per diem reimbursement. It also includes the deduction of Personal Travel Charges, as noted in the Less Personal Amount total.
    If instead you owe money to CU, this amount would be zero… And the amount you owe would appear under the Employee Disbursements section as Amount Owed Company.
  4. In the Employee Disbursements section:
    If there is a Total Owed By Employee listed, this amount is owed to the University by you. You should write a check payable to the University of Colorado and deposit it into the appropriate SpeedType using the Cash Receipt form. (The Account ChartField to use is 013109.) A validated Cash Receipt form must be attached to the expense report before submission.
  5. Click Close to return to your expense report.