CU Alert: OnBase Unity Client is still experiencing a service interruption. Microsoft and Hyland are currently working to restore service.
Scheduled maintenance windows through July 2024 announced
Planned maintenance windows from August 2023 through July 2024 have been scheduled and posted to the University Information Services Business Calendar.
The UIS Business Calendar is used to plan maintenance events tied to projects and to document important campus and business cycle dates. This allows departments, faculty, and staff to identify enterprise system outages and plan accordingly. Campuses and teams can add or change an item by filling out the UIS Business Calendar Request form.
The Maintenance Schedule Process
Each year, UIS partners with campus and System Administration leaders to determine dates when enterprise and business systems can be brought down for maintenance. The University of Colorado is a busy university, so it is impossible to avoid all business cycles, but we strive to have minimal impact on campus operations.
At the beginning of the spring semester, UIS Communications builds a new maintenance spreadsheet based on previous years and schedules a series of meetings for the Business Calendar team. The team includes representatives from UIS Applications, Quality Assurance, CU-SIS, HCM, Infrastructure and IT Service Strategy.
Early drafts of the maintenance schedule for the following academic year are then shared with leaders and liaisons for eRA, FIN, PSC, Employee Services, UIS LT and campus customers. This year, UIS would like to thank the following for their time and contributions to the maintenance schedule: Todd Casey, UCCS; Susan Layton, CU Boulder; Allison Diekhoff, CU Denver; Charity Moser, CU Anschutz; Chris Rasay, Procurement Service Center; Calvin Anderson, University Controller; Sharon Bishop, Jennifer Bosma and Carolyn Proctor from Employees Services; and the UIS leadership team.
There may be exceptions throughout the year depending on the security risk level related to an unanticipated update. Keep up to date on all maintenance window communications including updates and changes, full details on affected systems, and more by subscribing to Maintenance Matters.
Production windows affect our "live" systems with real-time data used by students, staff, and faculty. When there is a production window, most live systems will not be available to users unless the production communication for that window states otherwise. Windows outside of the normal 12-hour maintenance window time or day of the week are in bold below. Otherwise, windows last from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- August 2023 — No production window
- Sunday, Sept. 17, 2023 — Production Maintenance and ICS PUM
- Friday, Oct. 6, 2023 — Implementation Window for the CU Data Center Move, beginning noon, Friday, Oct. 6 through 8 a.m. Monday, Oct. 9
- Sunday, Oct. 22, 2023 — CPU Patching and Production Maintenance: 6 a.m. – noon
- Sunday, Nov. 12, 2023* — Production Maintenance and HCM PUM catchup
- Sunday, Dec. 10, 2022 — Production Maintenance and ICS PUM
- Sunday, Jan. 21, 2024 — Production Maintenance and Critical Patch Updates: 6 a.m. – noon
- Sunday, Feb. 18, 2024 – Production Maintenance and FIN PUM
- Sunday, March 24, 2024 – Production Maintenance
- Saturday, April 20, 2024 –Critical Patch Updates: 6 a.m. – noon
- Saturday, May 19, 2024 – Production Maintenance and ICS PUM
- Sunday, June 23, 2024 – Production Maintenance
- Saturday, July 21, 2024 –Production Maintenance and CPU Patching
In 2021, UIS introduced contingency windows to follow regularly scheduled maintenance windows that involve complicated updates in case we are unable to complete it in the original window. We do not anticipate needing the contingency window but prefer that campuses are aware well in advance, in case those windows are required for a successful update.
The confirmation or cancellation of the contingency window is announced by the Monday prior to the contingency window.
- Saturday, Oct. 28 — Contingency Production Maintenance and CPU Patch, 6 a.m. – noon
- Friday, Nov. 10 — Contingency Implementation Window for the CU Data Center Move: noon, Friday, Nov. 10 through 8 a.m. Monday, Nov. 13; Confirmation or cancellation on Oct. 9
- *The production maintenance window scheduled on Nov. 12 is dependent on the Data Center Move being completed in October and the above contingency window being canceled.
- Sunday, Jan. 28 — Contingency Production Maintenance and CPU Patch, 6 a.m. – noon
- Saturday, April 28 — Contingency Production Maintenance and CPU Patch, 6 a.m. – noon
- Saturday, July 27 — Contingency Production Maintenance and CPU Patch, 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Non-production maintenance windows affect the testing and development environments. These mirrored systems allow UIS staff to develop new features and functionalities and test them before they are moved to production for real-time access by CU’s students, faculty and staff.
The standard window runs 12 hours, from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. Non-production maintenance windows usually occur on Fridays, two weeks prior to production maintenance windows to allow time to test updates before activating them in the live environment.
- August 2023 — No non-prod window
- Friday, Sept. 8, 2023
- October 2023 — No non-prod window
- Friday, Nov. 3, 2023
- Friday, Dec. 1, 2023
- January 2024 — No non-prod window
- Friday, Feb. 2, 2024
- Friday, March 8, 2024
- April 2024 — No non-prod window
- Friday, May 3, 2024
- Friday, June 7, 2024
- Friday, July 12, 2024
Add new comment