Five systemwide policy changes become effective on August 1, 2017
The Office of Policy and Efficiency (OPE) announces changes to five administrative policy statements (APSs) from the human resources and student functional areas:
- 5020-Delegation of Personnel Authority for Employees Exempt from the State Personnel System
- 5009-Performance Ratings for University Staff
- 5024-Tuition Assistance Benefit
Related News ItemTuition waiver pilot program expands campus options for dependents
- 5054- Hiring Retirees to Work in Staff Positions
- 8006-Acceptance of Prior Learning Credits (formerly, Acceptance of Credit from International Baccalaureate Diploma Programs)
These changes were reviewed by the campus Chancellors and approved by President Bruce Benson and are effective as of August 1, 2017.
In addition, APS 5049-Leave Sharing for University Staff, Faculty on Twelve-month Appointments and Classified Staff and APS 5050-Background Checks were reviewed and reformatted but did not require any substantial changes.
The Office of Policy and Efficiency will break from the standard twice-per-year APS approval protocol over the next year or so. This will allow the University to respond more rapidly as the formal review of all Regent Laws and Policies progresses. Click here for more information.
Policies expected to be under review between now and Jan. 1, 2018, include:
- APS 7009-Protection of Children Participating in University-Run and University-Contracted Programs for Children. A Fall approval is anticipated. This policy has been vetted with CU Boulder campus counsel, compliance coordinators, and Risk Management.
- APS 1013-Intellectual Property Policy on Discoveries and Patents for Their Protection and Commercialization. The policy needs to be updated to reflect changes in the reorganization of the technology transfer activities at System Administration.
- APS 5023-Letters of Offer for University Staff. The policy needs to be revised to include provisions approved by the State of Colorado regarding multi-year contracts for university staff.
- APS 8012-Special Tuition Status. The policy needs to be revised to comply with new legislation relating to special tuition status for military and Olympic athletes.
- Several Academic Affairs APSs as a result of the recent approval of changes to Regent laws and policies (Article 4, Policy 4, Article 8 and Article 9).