Freshman retention rates are based on first-time, full-time freshmen returning for their sophomore year. The rate is the percentage of students enrolled their second fall term.
Retention rates are an early indicator of the cohort’s future graduation rate. While this first-time, full-time freshman cohort does not include part-time students or incoming transfer students, this measure has been a staple in the IPEDS data collection offering peer and national comparisons.
Minority includes: American Indian/Native American, Hispanic/Latino, Black/African-American, Asian, Pacific Islander, and 2 or more races
URM, or Underrepresented Minority, includes: American Indian/Native American, Hispanic/Latino, Black/African-American
Out-of-Pocket Costs are calculated annually using the Average Cost of Attendance (COA) minus average grant aid package for each income group. This analysis is based on resident undergraduates applying for financial aid and averages have been adjusted to 2019 dollars.
Grant aid is the sum of federal, state, institutional aid and other scholarships.
On average, students in income groups under $60,000 have experienced a decline in out-of-pocket costs in the past 5 years.
The percentage of Students of Color and URM (Underrepresented Minority) is shown for each campus and the CU System. For more information on CU’s student, faculty, and staff diversity, visit the Diversity, Inclusion, Equity & Access pillar in our strategic plan and view our CU Diversity Report data visualization.
Students of Color include all non-white, non-international students while URM is limited to only those students identifying as American Indian, Black or African-American, or Hispanic/Latino.
CU Anschutz Patients Served
The number of patients served by CU Anschutz faculty per year.
CU Anschutz faculty are the primary healthcare providers on the Anschutz Medical Campus, including the University of Colorado Hospital and Children’s Hospital Colorado.
Other Revenue per Employee
Other Revenue is calculated from Total Revenue less State Funding and Undergraduate Resident Tuition Revenue.
The largest contributors to Other Revenue are health services, sponsored research, fundraising, and auxiliary enterprises.
All Supporting Data
Affordability & Student Success
- Graduation Rate (4-Year and 6-Year)
- Freshman Retention Rate
- Percentage of students, faculty and staff that participates in mental health training
- Assess faculty, staff, and student perceptions of the campus wellness culture
- Innovation in Learning & Teaching Strategic Initiatives: Performance tracked through the completion of action steps
- Enrollment (Total FTE)
- Undergraduate Transfers to CU
- Colorado High School Graduate Population & Percent Directly Enrolling at CU
- Credit Load (Percent Taking 15 Credits in First Term)
- Credit Load (Percent Taking 30 Credits in First Year)
- Degrees Awarded
- Alumni Satisfaction Ratings
- Telehealth interactions
- High School Concurrent & Dual Enrollment
- Pre-Collegiate Development Program
- Online Enrollment
- Institutional Aid
- Undergraduate Student Loan Default Rates
- Average Undergraduate Student Debt
- Alumni Earnings Compared to Annual Debt Payment Ratio
- Out-of-Pocket Costs
- Total Aid for Students with Documented Need
- State Funding
- Tuition & Fees
- Average Cost of Attendance
Discovery & Impact
- Research Funding
- Number of Coloradan reached through listed programs
- Patients Served by CU Anschutz Clinical Faculty
- Patents awarded by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Gifts/Fundraising Revenue
- Facility Condition Index (FCI)
- Energy Use Intensity (EUI)
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Tech Enablement and Infrastructure Strategic Initiatives: Transformation & Innovation Program (T.I.P) - Performance tracked through the completion of action steps
- Deferred Maintenance Campus Spending and Backlog
- Tuition Stabilization Plan Ratio
- Operating Efficiencies
- CFI (Composite Financial Index)
- Credit Rating
- Other Revenue
- CU Favorability Rating
- Economic Impact
- Programs around Colorado
Diversity, Inclusion, Equity & Access
- Percent of student, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds (by gender, ethnicity, veterans and disability)
- Inclusion - Over time, we will track data to measure progress based on climate survey questions
- Faculty & Staff Diversity
- Population by Race/Ethnicity, Gender
- Student Diversity
- Enrollment by Race/Ethnicity, Gender, Residency, Federal Pell Status, First Generation, Students with Disabilities
- Freshman Applications by Race/Ethnicity
- Retention Rates by Race/Ethnicity, Gender, Residency, Federal Pell Status, First Generation
- Graduation Rates by Race/Ethnicity, Gender, Residency, Federal Pell Status, First Generation
- Degrees Awarded by Race/Ethnicity, Gender, Residency, Federal Pell Status