CU Time Regular Earnings Template
Use this template to upload regular earnings using regular earnings codes. NOTE: Although the templates for Regular Earnings and One-Time Payments are the same, do not enter regular earnings and one time (additional pay) earnings codes on the same file because the navigation in HCM to upload them are different.
Download this template below.
Notes on what we've updated
- Use the corresponding earnings dates according to the active status, paygroup and position of the individual employee. If an employee terms, transfers or changes positions in the middle of a pay period, the earnings dates must match for what is being paid.
- If you're manually entering time, you can create a row by entering earnings dates, department, and employee number and record. If the department and employee record don't match, a prompt will ask you to fix the error.
- The record default is 99 on all entries because the record needs to be actively selected. The default of record 0 created too many errors where pay was intended for another record, but was processed on record 0.
Other tips on using this form
- Complete the required fields. You may enter data for optional fields or leave them blank if they're not applicable. (Note: Optional item columns must remain on the file; DO NOT DELETE THEM.)
- Off-cycle—Enter "Y" when the payments in question will be processed on an offcycle
- Employee ID (Emplid)—Enter employee ID
- Employee record (Empl Rcd)—Enter the employee record number. If you are paying a single employee with multiple employee records, you will enter multiple transactions on the file (one for each employee record).
- Earnings begin date (Earn Begin)—Using format MM/DD/YYYY, enter the earnings begin date.
- Earning end date (Earn End)—Using format MM/DD/YYYY, enter the earnings end date.
- Earnings code (Earn Cd)—Enter the earnings code. (You may have multiple, so a line for each is required.)
- Hours OR Amount—Enter data into only one of these fields (hours that should be paid for the earnings code OR the amount to be paid).
- Additional pay shift (Addl Pay Shift)
- Tax periods (Tax PD)
- Tax method (Tax Mtd)
- Benefit deduction override (For ES use only)
- Benefit deduction subset ID (For ES use only)
- General deduction override (For ES use only)
- General deduction subset (For ES use only)
- SpeedType—Include this field if you have overriding SpeedTypes to charge these earnings to.
- Review the data.
- Save the document in CSV format, aka, Microsoft Excel comma-separated values file (NOT XLS or XLSX).
- Upload it into the system (Main Menu → CU Time → CU Processes → CU Regular Earnings Load).
Last updated: 8/18/2020