For access to the Finance System, visit the Access & Training Requirements guide.
Logging in to the Finance System
Log in to your campus portal and on the CU Resources Home tab, click the Finance tile.
Favorites and Recent Places
Adding Favorites and Recent Places - Favorites are shortcuts that can be used for tasks that you complete frequently. Recent Places is a list of the last five pages you visited.
Searching the Finance System
- Looking Up Finance System Roles - Look up a person’s roles in FIN. If you have question about what a role does, you can check out the role names and descriptions page.
- Using Keyword Search - Use Keyword Search to search for transactions like journal entries and vouchers
- Using Menu Search – Use Menu Search to find a page in FIN rather than navigate through submenus.
- Disabling Autocomplete – As you type in FIN, the system provides a drop-down list of items that match your criteria. Update your FIN preferences to disable autocomplete if this is cumbersome.
Looking Up Payment Information
- Looking Up Employee Reimbursements – Look up payment details for an employee reimbursement if you are not the report owner, delegate, or approver in Concur.
- Looking Up Non-Employee Reimbursements - Look up payment details for a non-employee reimbursement that was processed in Concur. You’ll need to know the non-employee’s name as it was entered on the Concur report header.
- Looking Up PAs and NRIs - Look up the status of Non-Employee Reimbursement-International (NRI) forms and Payment Authorization (PA) forms.
- Viewing Check Details – Look up information about a check, including whether it has been cashed and where it was sent. It’s helpful to some information about the payment, like the check/warrant number.
Looking Up Chartfield Information
- Looking Up Available Gift Fund Balances - Look up the CU Foundation available balance for a linked Fund 34 Gift Speedtype in the Finance System -- or run an m-Fin report in the CU-Data System.
- Looking Up Fund-Account Combo Errors – Look up which account codes are allowable for each fund. Use this information to correct Fund-Account Combo errors for journal entries and select account codes for Marketplace requisitions.
- Looking Up ChartFields – Look up Funds, Orgs, Programs, Projects, Sub-Classes, and Accounts to see description and attributes.
- Looking Up SpeedTypes – Look up a SpeedType to see its effective date, FOPPS values, Org/Program/Project managers and officers, and fiscal staff. For a Fund 34 SpeedType, also see the gift’s description, gift purpose codes, and Foundation Available Balance.
Worklists – Open your worklist to see prioritized lists of work items that are awaiting action by you (Sample Worklist).
General Ledger Updates
Specialized instructions for the campus finance staff.