IMPORTANT: The FinPro Help Desk is transitioning to a PSC Service Desk. Learn how the OUC and PSC are reorganizing help desk and training functions. During the transition (Sept 7-Oct 31), hours for phone service are 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m., Mon-Fri. Voicemail will not be monitored. Email us anytime at FinProHelp@cu.edu.
Do you regularly run reports for the same SpeedTypes? Saving pre-set prompt values for your Cognos reports can save you time and effort.
Watch the video
Read the procedures
- First - run the report that you want to save.
- When the report displays, click the Add this Report icon on the top left of your screen. It’s the one that looks like a floppy disk …
- Select Save report as report view from the drop down. A popup window will appear. If you like you can change the default name of this Report View.
- In any case, choose Select My Folders as the location.
- Then click OK. You’ll find yourself back on the reporting system homepage.
- When you want to revisit your Report View, click My ContentMy ContentMy content is a folder in which you can save content - such as saved report views, shortcuts, and Query Studio queries - for your own use. from the navigation menu.
- Clicking directly on the Report View name in this folder will re-display the report with all the same parameters you entered when you first saved it. Clicking on the Run As icon in the report will re-prompt for a new period or other change …
Would you rather always land on the prompt page for your Report View?
You can take a few simple steps now to ensure you always land on the prompt page.
- While in My ContentMy ContentMy content is a folder in which you can save content - such as saved report views, shortcuts, and Query Studio queries - for your own use., instead of clicking on the Report View name, click on the three dots to the right of it.
- Then, select View Versions.
- Click on the date and EN-US will appear just below.
- Now, click Delete report version and then click OK on the Confirm Delete popup.
- This will delete the report output version that had previously saved.
- And now … when you click the Report View from the My ContentMy ContentMy content is a folder in which you can save content - such as saved report views, shortcuts, and Query Studio queries - for your own use. folder … you’ll go straight to your saved prompt page!
Do you want to update the default format of your Report View - or, change your m-Fin report PDF to portrait orientation?
First, complete the steps above to save a Report View of the m-Fin report. Then, you can change the default format for that Report View.