IMPORTANT: The OUC and PSC are reorganizing help desk functions. The new PSC Service Desk can be reached at PSC@cu.edu and 303.837.2161; PSC Service Desk phone hours are currently 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m., Mon-Fri. The OUC's new Financial Services & Solutions team will announce its email address soon.
The purpose of the Emotional Intelligence Course is to provide participants with a skill to improve both personal and interpersonal functioning by exploring and applying the components of Emotional Intelligence.
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: N/A
Instructional Method: Group-Live
Instructor: Lauren Harris
Recommended CPE Credit: 3 Hours
Field of Study: Personnel/Human Resources
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Assess their current levels of Emotional Intelligence;
- Describe the business reasons for Emotional Intelligence;
- Define Emotional Intelligence and its main four components;
- Discuss and develop a plan to improve their personal Emotional Intelligence; and,
- Apply knowledge of Emotional Intelligence to solve case studies.
Hand-outs will be provided during the session.
The University of Colorado is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.