If a Supplier asks you to complete a special (substitute) W-9 form signed by CU

Is an entity purchasing goods or services from your org unit and asking you to complete a specialized W-9 form for CU?

You can complete the substitute form using the following key pieces of information. The form can be signed by your campus controller's office.

Vendor Name

  • Provide the legal name of the University: "The Regents of the University of Colorado"
  • You can include your organizational unit's name in the Address section of the form

Tax ID Number - also referred to as Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)

  • Provide "84-6000555"

Other Requested Information

  • Work with your campus controller’s office to determine how to designate Payment Method (e.g., pay by check), Primary Contact Person, where to send payment, and other information requested

Campus Controller's Office Contacts 


If a Supplier requests the standard W-9 form for CU

Please see the W-9 (Signed by CU)