Used to report cash-like (e.g., gift cards) and non-cash awards, rewards, prizes, or other distributions.

Download: Recognition Reporting (RR) Form


Effective Date: 05/01/2024 (Updated submit-to email addresses, revised to show OUC branding.)

The OUC has reengineered the finance forms pages to improve user experience by enhancing page design and content. Learn more here

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Who needs to sign this form?
A: Someone in a position of authority for your department needs to provide the Organizational Unit Authorizing Signature; this might be the head of your department or other person.

Q: Why/when do I need to fill out this form?
A: The RR form is used to help determine potential tax reporting obligations. When the University provides a cash-like (e.g., gift card) or non-cash item to an employee or non-employee, the value of this item may need to be included in W-2 or 1099 reporting. The procedures referenced under resources, below, outline these requirements.

Q: Where do I send this form?
A: Where you submit the RR form depends on who is the recipient of the cash-like or non-cash distribution. To report items provided to employees, submit the form to Employee Services. To report items provided to non-employees, submit the form to the Procurement Service Center.

Q: Are there related resources on how/when to use this form?
A: Yes! See the Finance Procedural Statement Recognition & Training.

Have a question or feedback?

Questions & Feedback

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.