IMPORTANT: The FinPro Help Desk is transitioning to a PSC Service Desk. Learn how the OUC and PSC are reorganizing help desk and training functions. During the transition (Sept 7-Oct 31), hours for phone service are 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m., Mon-Fri. Voicemail will not be monitored. Email us anytime at FinProHelp@cu.edu.
The Office of University Controller (OUC) and the Procurement Service Center (PSC) are pleased to announce a reorganization as to how they deliver Help Desk and Training Services to CU’s campuses.
In the past, these solutions for both finance and procurement were provided by the OUC’s Finance & Procurement Business Services team, including the FinPro Help Desk. While this has worked well over the years, our offices feel that optimal customer service at this time will be delivered by separating the two functions, enabling each office to focus on its core mission. Therefore, responsibility for Help Desk and Training for procurement will transfer from the OUC to the PSC.
What this means to you...
Beginning in September 2021:
- The OUC will realign its current Finance & Procurement Business Services team. The new unit – Financial Services & Solutions – will focus on training modalities/methods and content related to finance, financial reporting, fiscal responsibilities, and the OUC’s Continuing Professional Education Program.
- The PSC will reorganize to incorporate a new unit – Customer Success & Organizational Excellence – that will directly deliver help desk, training, and related services exclusively for purchasing, payables, travel, and other areas within the purview of the PSC.
The reorganization was initiated jointly by the OUC and PSC with the purpose of redistributing our resources more effectively. By enabling each office to focus on its core mission, we will enhance the service and leadership that each provides to internal (CU) and external customers.
We will present regular updates on this website and on the PSC Reorg website -- as well as through our usual communication channels -- throughout the full transition period, August-November 2021.
As part of the process, we look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to share your thoughts through the Questions & Feedback form (see below, and also on the PSC website).
What to expect this week
- NEW phone hours (9/7/21-10/31/21): During our Sept-Oct transition, FinProHelp/PSC Service Desk phone hours will be 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m. (Mon-Fri). Voicemail will not be monitored. Use email during hours the phones are not available. Type URGENT as first word of email subject if you need immediate assistance.
Click on the toggles below to learn more about how the Office of University Controller is reorganizing to enhance service delivery. To learn more about how the Procurement Service Center is reorganizing, click here.
Overview: Our New Organizational Structure
Here's how we're reorganizing our office to better serve you:
- The current Finance & Procurement Business Services/FinPro Help Desk unit is being reengineered as a center of excellence in training and communications. The new name for this unit is Financial Services & Solutions. We'll have a new email address soon!
- The Financial Services & Solutions mission is to improve user experience with financial systems and forms, and to design training (videos, webinars, interactive websites, etc.) and strategic communications on a variety of issues (including finance, financial reporting, fiscal roles and responsibilities, train-the-trainer, and topics in our continuing professional educational program).
- Training may be delivered directly by the OUC, or may be developed to further the missions of the individual campus finance offices and therefore be delivered by the campuses.
- A key service of the new unit will be its focus on helping campus finance teams continuously improve their own customer service through best-practice sessions on designing webinars, classroom training, communications, websites, and motion graphic/live videos. We're looking forward to collaborating with you so that we all deliver the best possible experience for CU employees as they fulfill their fiscal roles and responsibilities.
- An early priority -- in response to campus feedback -- is the automation of paper Finance forms.
We'll post our new organizational chart -- and tell you more about our staffing/responsibilities -- soon. (For our current org chart, click here.)
What Happens to the FinPro Help Desk?
For years, the FinPro Help Desk has responded to both procurement and finance inquiries. With this reorganization, we are separating the two areas:
- The new PSC service desk will be responsible for answering questions about Concur, Marketplace, and PSC policies and forms. To learn more about the PSC's new structure and how to contact them, click here.
- Since -- unlike procurement, which is a centralized function at CU -- finance is distributed across the campuses and System Administration, there is not an equivalent need for a centralized "finance help desk." Therefore, the OUC's new Financial Services & Solutions unit will not be structured like a typical help desk/call center. However, customer service will remain a key focus.
- Continue to reach out to your campus controller teams for accounting and other assistance, as you have in the past.
- Continue to contact us for fiscal policy, forms, and finance/reporting-related inquiries, as before. We'll announce our new email address soon!
Fiscal Policies and Procedures
For questions on Sensitive Expenses, or on an Administrative Policy Statement (APS), University Accounting Handbook procedure, or Fiscal Procedure, the OUC's Financial Services & Solutions team can assist you in finding the appropriate policy and in interpreting it/applying it to your specific situation.