The purpose of the Wacky Workplace: Innovation, Creativity, Engagement, and Motivation in Professional Environments course is to explore insights and activities that can transform the professional work environment into a place of creativity, innovation, and fun.
This course focuses on the transformation of the professional work environment through habits and practices of the principles of fun. Completion of this course will augment any professional career and work environment that could benefit from increased creativity, innovation, engagement and motivation. Managers, directors, and human resource professionals can glean the theory of fun; practice creating fun events, activities, and objects; and, learn ways to integrate fun into the workplace.
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: N/A
Instructional Method: Group-Live
Instructors: David Thomas
Recommended CPE Credit: 1.5 Hours
Field of Study: Personal Development
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the value of fun at work;
- Demonstrate an understanding of “fun,” including identification of fun activities and fun objects; and,
- Design a fun experience touching on the elements of the ICE-M (Innovation, Creativity, Engagement-Motivation) framework.
In addition, participants will benefit from several elements of engagement. Working collaboratively, they will:
- Detail examples of fun at work and describe benefits as a group;
- Built a 120-second game, examining the basic methods of creating fun at work in small teams; and,
- Design a fun activity for their current workplace/team, in small groups.
The University of Colorado is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.