The Uncertified ePERs by Org or Campus report is run in the CU-Data Reporting System. It is a status report of all individuals by organizational unit, for select units or an entire campus, who have not yet certified or must re-certify an ePER. Also listed are those employees with an ePER in “pending” status because of an outstanding Payroll Expense Transfer (PET) that was generated when effort was certified as being less than what was paid from a project. The report spans all semesters since Summer 2006.
An org unit should review this report to see who needs to certify (or re-certify) effort. The report can also indicate if a PET requires action.
How to run this report
To begin, log in to your campus portal. On the CU Resources Home tab, click on the CU-Data tile, Team content, ePERs, Uncertified ePERs by Org or Campus.
There are two ways to run this report:
- By individual orgs…Enter the Org in the Keywords field and click SEARCH. Review the Orgs displayed in the Results box.
Click on the Org(s) you want to include in the report, and then click INSERT to move the selected Org(s) into the Choices box.
- …or by an entire campus. Use the Campus drop-down list to select a campus.
To run the report, click FINISH (in lower left corner of the screen).
How to read your report
The Uncertified ePERs by Org or Campus report has the following data elements:
- Report Header – provides information about the report (report title, etc.).
- Campus – lists the org node and campus of the report data.
- Employee ID – lists the Employee ID for each individual with an outstanding certification.
- Name – lists the name of each individual needing to certify effort. If an employee has more than one semester of effort outstanding, his or her name will only be listed with the most recent semester.
- Academic Term – indicates which term needs certification.
- Status – shows the status of each ePER, as follows:
N = Never Been Certified
P = Pending PET Approval/Cancel
R = To be Recertified
Org – indicates the organizational unit number and name.
“N” Tally – sum of ePERs for an organizational unit with an “N – Not Certified” status. This tally line will not appear if the sum is equal to zero.
“P” Tally – sum of ePERs for an organizational unit with a “P – Pending PET Approval/Cancel” status. This tally line will not appear if the sum is equal to zero.
“R” Tally – sum of ePERs for an organizational unit with an “R – To be Recertified” status. This tally line will not appear if the sum is equal to zero.
Any individual appearing on this report means that his or her effort has not been certified properly and the Principal Investigator must ensure the effort is certified in an appropriate and timely manner.