The purpose of the Exploring Leadership course is to provide an opportunity for individuals to discover various ways to develop their leadership skills.
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: N/A
Instructional Method: Group-Live
Instructor: Lauren Harris
Recommended CPE Credit: 2 Hours
Field of Study: Personal Development
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe their leadership style
- Identify a variety of ways to increase their leadership capacity
Elements of Engagement
Participants will actively engage with the curriculum by:
- Completing a self-assessment to identify their leadership style
- Writing out ways their personal style is a benefit to others … and ways their style can get in the way of leading others
- Selecting a leadership goal in order to begin intentionally building their capacity after the course
Hand-outs will be provided during the session.
The University of Colorado is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.