IMPORTANT: The FinPro Help Desk is transitioning to a PSC Service Desk. Learn how the OUC and PSC are reorganizing help desk and training functions. During the transition (Sept 7-Oct 31), hours for phone service are 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m., Mon-Fri. Voicemail will not be monitored. Email us anytime at FinProHelp@cu.edu.
The purpose of the Gift Cards: Dos and Don’ts course is to explain the requirements of the Gift Cards procedural statement, and to provide concrete, campus-specific examples.
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: N/A
Instructional Method: Group-Live
Recommended CPE Credit: 1.0 Hours
Field of Study: Finance
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Outline appropriate gift card use for University business (allowable uses, prohibitions, and exceptions);
- Identify purchasing methods and approvals (including the Request for Gift Card Purchase Authorization form, the Statement of Responsibility form, and other required documentation);
- Explain the relevant accounting (including recording and receipting), tax reporting, reconciliation, and audit steps;
- Identify safeguarding and security issues; and,
- Access additional applicable policies and procedures.
In addition, participants will learn about:
- Alternatives to gift card use; and,
- Campus-specific contacts and other available resources.
The University of Colorado is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.