IMPORTANT: The FinPro Help Desk is transitioning to a PSC Service Desk. Learn how the OUC and PSC are reorganizing help desk and training functions. During the transition (Sept 7-Oct 31), hours for phone service are 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m., Mon-Fri. Voicemail will not be monitored. Email us anytime at FinProHelp@cu.edu.
The purpose of the External Audits: Why Are These People Here And When Are They Going to Leave? is to provide participants with an overview of the external audit process, the limitations inherent in an external audit, the goal of an external audit, and the expectations of them when the external audit is being conducted.
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: N/A
Instructional Method: Group-Live
Recommended CPE Credit: 3.0 Hours
Field of Study: Auditing (Governmental)
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify why entities have external audits;
- Describe at a high level how an external audit is conducted;
- Describe the difference between an external and internal audit;
- Define what constitutes a successful external audit;
- List the expectations the audited entity places on those who interact with, or provide information to, the external auditors; and,
- Describe the external audit from the view of the external auditor.
The University of Colorado is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.