Tax & Payroll-Benefit Accounting - Benefits Accountant
Matt is responsible for reconciling medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance deductions and employer contributions from HCM to the General Ledger (GL). He then reconciles the amounts to the vendor invoices and initiates payments to the vendors. This involves multiple deductions for every CU employee (Active or Retiree). Reports are created that verify/ensure the University of Colorado accurately funds the University of Colorado Health and Welfare Trust, Delta Dental, and Standard Insurance.
Questions Matt Can Answer
- Did the medical insurance vendors receive payment?
- Were there many adjustments that were input into payroll or benefits that need further adjusting for accuracy?
- Can you provide me a list of all University Employees and Retirees in a specific plan?
- Education: BS Accounting from the University of Colorado Denver
- Treasurer for Alumni Association for four years - Board of Directors member
- Previously worked as a Staff Accountant at Nobel Sysco; Senior Business Analyst for Finance at US West Communications; Quality Assurance Analyst for A/P at Qwest Communication; and Business & Technical Analyst for Comcast and Level 3 Communications.