The purpose of the Mastering Excel: Filter, Combine, and Separate Data and the Match Formula course is to provide participants with knowledge of formulas and techniques to efficiently manage data in Excel. Specifically, this class covers filtering ranges, freezing panes, combining and separating data, and the Match formula.
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: N/A
Instructional Method: Group-Internet Based
Instructor: Justin Church
Recommended CPE Credit: 2.0 Hours
Field of Study: Computer Software and Applications
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Filter ranges by multiple sorting criteria
- Separate out a subset of data from one column into a new column
- Freeze columns and rows to keep certain values visible
- Combine data in several columns into one column
- Use the Subtotal formula to subtotal filtered values in a range
- Use the Match formula to identify values in one range that are missing in another range
The University of Colorado is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.