Learn about impacts of recent changes on our Tax Code Changes website.
Do you have a question about a SpeedType? In FIN 9.2, you can look up the answers to your questions ... like the fiscal staff, or the gift description, for a specific SpeedType ... or what SpeedTypes are available for your Org or Project.
- Navigate to Main Menu > Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Design ChartFields > Define Values > CU SpeedTypes (You might want to set this as a Favorite!)
- On the Find an Existing Value tab, enter your search criteria. For example, you may want to look up the SpeedTypes associated with your Org … or with a certain Project … Or you may want to search for SpeedTypes at your campus … whose Description contains a certain word …
Note: Effective Status defaults to blank. You can use the dropdown to select only Active SpeedTypes.
- Click Search.
- Select the appropriate SpeedType from the list of results. If your search produced only one result, you’ll already be on the CU SpeedType lookup screens.
- On the ChartFields tab, you’ll see status, FOPPS (Fund, Org, Program, Project, Subclass), and Activity.
- On the Org/Program/Project Attributes and Fiscal Staff tabs, you’ll find out who holds fiscal roles related to this SpeedType.
- For Fund 34 SpeedTypes, the Gift Attributes tab displays gift purpose code, description, and available balance.
An important thing to remember in FIN 9.2:
When looking up SpeedTypes, always navigate to “CU SpeedTypes.” If you look up ChartField values and see a navigation to simply “SpeedTypes” – don’t use it. You won’t find any of our CU SpeedTypes there!