Learn about impacts of recent changes on our Tax Code Changes website.
Processing Journal Entries
Journal Entries are created in the PeopleSoft Finance system when you need to make an entry to the general ledger that is not coming from a subsystem. The most common uses of journals are: making corrections to a financial transaction on a SpeedType, and recording activity in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), such as accruals, allowance for bad debts, and inventory adjustments.
Journal Entry Process Overview
Creating Journal Entries
Adding & Viewing Attachments
FIN 9.2 allows you to electronically attach journal entry supporting documentation, rather than having to deliver the supporting documentation to your approver via email or inter-office mail.
- How-To Video and Procedures - Attachments Overview
- How-To Video and Procedures - What Makes a Good Attachment
- How-To Video and Procedures - Adding Attachments
- Step by Step Guide - Adding Attachments
- How-To Video and Procedures - Viewing Attachments
Reversal Journal Entries
Adding and Changing Journal Entry Lines
- Step by Step Guide
- ChartField Glossary
- Actual Journal Entry: Debit/Credit Convention
- Personalizing Journal Entry Line Display Step by Step Guide
- Personalizing Journal Entry Line Display How-To Video and Procedures
Editing Journal Entries and Correcting Errors
Posting Journal Entries
Printing Journal Entries
Using Notify on Journal Entries
Submitting Journal Entries
Copying Journal Entries
Cash Transfer Journals
Approving Journal Entries
Spreadsheet Journal Entries
Using spreadsheet journal entries will allow you to upload journal entries with a lot of lines into FIN 9.2, or, to use the spreadsheet for recurring journal entries that you create on a routine basis
Setting Up and Configuring Journal Entry Spreadsheet
Creating Journal Entry Spreadsheet
Administering Workflow for Journals
Specialized instructions for the campus finance staff.