You can look up the status of Non-Employee Reimbursement-International (NRI) forms and Payment Authorization (PA) forms in the Finance System (FIN). You’ll also follow these procedures for Non-Employee Reimbursements processed for the old Non-Employee Reimbursement (NR) form.
Watch the video
- Use the Main Menu dropdown to navigate to Accounts Payable → Vouchers → Add/Update → Regular Entry.
Note: Vouchers are forms or supplier invoices that have been entered for payment.
- Enter your search criteria – such as invoice number or supplier name – on the Voucher search page.
- To search by Invoice Number, change the dropdown from begins with to contains. This is because the PSC adds an ‘NR’ prefix to every Non-employee Reimbursement invoice number, and a ‘PA’ or ‘P’ prefix to every Payment Authorization invoice number.
- To search by Supplier Name, enter the first word or words of the company name or the last name of the individual. You can add a comma and first name/initial – without spaces – to narrow down the results (for example: smith,l).
- Click Search.
- Select the voucher from the resulting list. (If your search criteria produced only one result, you’ll already be in the voucher.)
- Select the Payments tab.
- In the Payment Information section you will find the payee’s address, the date of the payment (Accounting Date) the payment amount (Gross Amount).
- In the Payment Options section you will find how the payment was delivered.
- Regular handling – payment was mailed to the payee’s remittance address (see #6, above).
- Campus Mail – payment was sent to the department for delivery. In this case, the department’s campus box appears as the message.
- Under the Schedule Payment section you will find the Check (reference) number.
Want to know if the check has been cashed? Copy the Check (reference) number. If you need to know more details about the check in order to complete a Warrant Adjustment follow the procedures for looking up check details in the Finance System.
You may need to process a Warrant Adjustment if:
- The payee never received the check.
- The check was mailed to the wrong address.
- The payee’s name was incorrect on the check.
- The check was for the incorrect amount.
- The check is stale dated.