IMPORTANT: The FinPro Help Desk is transitioning to a PSC Service Desk. Learn how the OUC and PSC are reorganizing help desk and training functions. During the transition (Sept 7-Oct 31), hours for phone service are 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m., Mon-Fri. Voicemail will not be monitored. Email us anytime at FinProHelp@cu.edu.
The future state of work will require individual contributors and leaders to continually reinvent their skills in order to remain relevant in an ever-changing world. The purpose of this course is to provide participants an opportunity to explore their mindsets and discover how challenging and changing a mindset can lead to transformation results in their personal and professional lives.
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: N/A
Instructional Method: Group-Live
Instructor: Lauren Harris
Recommended CPE Credit: 2 Hours
Field of Study: Personnel/Human Resources
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between a fixed mindset and a growth mindset
- Articulate the impact of changing one’s mindsets and paradigms
- Choose growth mindset statements to challenge fixed mindsets thoughts
- Identify areas in their lives where they have a fixed mindset or a growth mindset
Elements of Engagement
Participants will actively engage with the curriculum by:
- Completing self-reflection activities
- Sharing insights with partners and large group (voluntary)
- Role-playing/practicing shifting from a fixed to a growth mindset
- Watching videos
- Completing an action plan
Hand-outs will be provided during the session.
The University of Colorado is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.