IMPORTANT: The FinPro Help Desk is transitioning to a PSC Service Desk. Learn how the OUC and PSC are reorganizing help desk and training functions. During the transition (Sept 7-Oct 31), hours for phone service are 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m., Mon-Fri. Voicemail will not be monitored. Email us anytime at FinProHelp@cu.edu.
The purpose of the Process Mapping for Efficiency and Cross-Training course is to describe a team-based method for identifying, integrating, and diagramming processes between departments and individuals, which helps ensure that connections, communications, and hand-offs are well-designed and well managed.
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: N/A
Instructional Method: Group-Live, Group-Internet Based
Instructors: Kathy Illian
Recommended CPE Credit: 1.0 Hours
Field of Study: Management Services
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Flesh out the who, what, where, why, and how of a process;
- Identify why it’s important to have team members who are NOT subject matter experts in the process as well as those who are;
- Use basic flowchart shapes in MS Visio (which is optional but advisable);
- Use Visio to create process maps with links, easily identifiable stakeholders, and a clear timeline;
- Analyze the diagram for potential gaps and areas of improvement; and,
- Organize their process maps for the web/shared folders.
The University of Colorado is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.