IMPORTANT: The FinPro Help Desk is transitioning to a PSC Service Desk. Learn how the OUC and PSC are reorganizing help desk and training functions. During the transition (Sept 7-Oct 31), hours for phone service are 10:00 a.m.-noon and 1:00-3:00 p.m., Mon-Fri. Voicemail will not be monitored. Email us anytime at FinProHelp@cu.edu.
The purpose of the GASB Review Course is to provide participants with an overview of select GASB pronouncements of particular interest to the University of Colorado. Relevant examples of application of these pronouncements will be included to provide the participants concrete examples of their impact.
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: N/A
Instructional Method: Group-Live
Instructor: Robert Kuehler
Recommended CPE Credit: 2.0 Hours
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental)
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the discussed GASB pronouncements;
- Describe how these pronouncements impact them;
- Implement the guidance at a high level;
- Identify resources available to further their understanding of the pronouncements; and,
- Describe the overall direction of GASB as it continues its mission of setting standards for state and local governmental entities.
The University of Colorado is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.