The purpose of the Basic Excel course is to provide participants with techniques that will allow them to perform practical tasks in Excel. The class content will include shortcuts, formatting, filters, formulas, and Pivot Tables/Pivot Charts. Participants should bring a laptop or other device to the class so they can actively engage in the exercises.
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: N/A
Instructional Method: Group-Live
Instructor: Justin Church
Recommended CPE Credit: 2.0 Hours
Field of Study: Computer Software and Applications
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Save time by utilizing shortcuts;
- Format Excel data by changing font, merging and centering, and adding borders;
- Filter Excel data by adding filters and using Text Filters and Filter by Color;
- Separate data in one column into several columns with Text to Columns;
- Use SUM, SUMIF, VLOOKUP, and IF formulas; and,
- Consolidate data in Pivot Tables and represent data graphically using Pivot Charts.
The University of Colorado is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.