The Office of Policy and Efficiency (OPE) -- with input from policy managers -- develops, oversees and maintains the university’s systemwide policy-making process; facilitates the development, review, approval and maintenance of university-wide policies by partnering with the responsible policy offices to create, revise and distribute the policies; and acts as the official repository and point-of-contact regarding university-wide policies.
OPE also supports efforts and initiatives to increase efficiency and effectiveness at system administration and the university.
- Increase organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Seek policy simplification and streamlining, where feasible and appropriate.
- Improve communications and enhance system webpage.
- Maintain current and accurate policy statements.
- Support efforts to improve efficiency and effectiveness of system administration and the university.
- Increase understanding of policies and provide the tools to more easily access policies in order to help increase compliance, lower costs of compliance, and reduce risk.
- Improve organization of policies.
- Increase customer service to the University community.
- Establish a universitywide policy setting process and clarify the roles and responsibilities of the appropriate entities.
- Reduce the silos of policy ownership.
- Get the right people at the table, including representation from the campuses.
- Increase discussion of policy concepts earlier in the process.
- Provide a mechanism for continual monitoring, review and evaluation of all policies.
- Ensure timely dissemination of policy statements issued, revised and rescinded.