The Wells Fargo Pre-Collegiate Scholarship is a $2,000 annual award given to outstanding graduates of a University of Colorado Pre-Collegiate Development Program.
Typically, two to four new scholarships are awarded each academic year. Students selected for the scholarship are eligible to receive $2,000 per year for up to four years ($8,000 in total). To remain eligible, a scholarship recipient must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher, complete at least 12 credit hours each semester, and demonstrate financial need.
The Wells Fargo Pre-Collegiate Scholarship is available only to participants of a University of Colorado Pre-Collegiate Development Program (PCDP). Programs are offered through each CU campus - Anschutz, Boulder, Colorado Springs and Denver, and in additional location around the state including Fort Morgan, Roaring Fork, San Luis Valley, and Summit County. Recipients must be incoming freshmen at a CU campus in Fall 2021 (the deadline for Fall 2020 has passed) and must demonstrate financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you are not eligible to submit the FAFSA, contact the Financial Aid Office at the University of Colorado campus(es) that you plan to attend to discuss alternatives.
More information about the University of Colorado Pre-Collegiate Development Programs can be found here:
If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021-22 Scholarship Application
- Complete the Wells Fargo Bank Pre-Collegiate Scholarship application form (below).
- Provide a copy of your most recent high school transcripts (official or unofficial).
- Write a 500-600 word essay describing your educational and career goals and how your previous experiences support the likelihood that you will achieve your goals.
- Submit a resume.
- Letters of recommendation are encouraged but not required.
- You will not be able to save the form in-progress so please have all information and materials readily available.
- If we receive multiple entries from an applicant, we will accept the most recent submission. Previous applications will not be considered.
The application and supporting materials must be submitted by 5:00 pm February 15, 2021.
All applicants will be notified by early May regarding the status of their application.