April 6, 2016
Advocacy News: CU Regents Approve Tuition Plans
- Tuition percent increases are anticipated to be among the lowest in the state in FY 2016-17.
- CU wants to provide more predictability for students and parents. The tuition guarantee plan allows for more reliable financial planning beyond just a year-by-year basis.
- CU is one of the most efficient universities in the nation, producing the most degrees for the lowest amount of resources (state support, tuition, and fees).
- CU awards the most undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees in the state.
- The state's ability to maintain or increase ongoing funding for higher education is severely limited.
- Critical costs are continuing to increase.