CU Advocates are empowered to influence public perception and policy affecting CU. CU Advocates take the initiative to attend educational programs to become more informed on and engaged with areas important to CU, the state and public higher education. CU Advocates are encouraged to promote CU's value and opportunities.
Twenty years ago, Colorado students and their families paid one-third of the cost of their college tuition. State funding covered the rest. Today that's reversed, as students and families pay two-thirds of the cost. Learn more.
It is imperative that CU supporters mobilize to advocate on behalf of the university to help influence public policy, shape public opinion, energize support, and secure CU’s future.
- Colorado ranks 48th in the nation for state funding per resident college student
- CU boasts five Nobel laureates and 10 MacArthur “genius” fellows
- CU physicians performed the first liver transplant
- CU researchers developed the first shingles vaccine.
- CU has educated 20 astronauts
- CU research has created more than 190 companies plus 4 FDA-approved drugs