DIO's goal is to create a welcoming and inclusive environment.
We would like to enhance opportunities and increase awareness of our diverse communities and culture. Engagement events give University employees opportunities to interact with and support the local community through fundraising, donations, and volunteer activities.
Diversity workshops for 2020 below
|Wednesday from 12:00pm - 1:15pm MT during the fall semester||The Inclusive Communities of Practice (ICoP)||Hosts community meetings. Everyone is welcome to join.|
|3rd Thursday every month (Oct - Nov, Jan - Apr), 12 - 1 p.m.||Coffee hour. CU Boulder faculty, staff and students (zoom link)||
For a community-engaged scholarship social with CU Boulder campus leaders to discuss how different groups are combating racism. You must register to attend.
|4th Thursday every month, 4-5p.m.||CU Boulder DEI Network Happy Hour (zoom link)||
|November 10||Fall Diversity Summit at CU Boulder||
Check the website for more information.
|Ongoing at CU Boulder||Teaching-Learning events|
Outreach - Explore how CU serves Colorado
Please consider making a difference locally. Explore how CU serves Colorado and help a local organization like the non-profits below:
- Colorado Combined Campaign runs annually from Oct - Jan. Resource Guide. Go to iPledge and give monthly or a lump sum.
- Florence Crittenton empowers teen mothers. This is part of our Winter Holiday Drive. Learn how you can connect, volunteer or give.
- Clothes to Kids Denver donate new or gently used clothes.
- Dumb Friends League donate old towels, shoeboxes, water bottle caps and cardboard egg cartons, and more. DFL supply list.
- Find a great non-profit that motivates you.
Training & Learning
1. CU at the Top: Diversity and Inclusion (you can browse or formally begin by completing an agreement form with your supervisor)
- Understand and implement strategies for inclusion.
- Uncover components of your own biases and perceptions.
- Gain insight into other identities and experiences that are different from your own.
2. CU Boulder
- Learn about Inclusivity from their Center for Teaching and Learning
- Self-Paced Anti-Racism Course on Canvas
- Anti-Racism on Coursera
- Anti-Racism Resources (read, watch, listen, act, teach, & reflect) from their University Libraries
- Learn about Campus Actions to Enable Change, addressing systematic racism at the Office of Diversity, Equity & Community Engagement (ODECE)
- More ongoing Teaching-Learning events
Some current and past community service projects that the committee has sponsored include:
- 2020: Stanford University VMware Women's Leadership Innovation Lab | https://womensleadership.stanford.edu/
- 2020: Holiday Drive. Partnering with Florence Crittenton | https://flocritco.org/
- Fight for Air stair climb to support the American Lung Association | https://www.lung.org/
- Volunteering at the Furry Scurry fundraiser for the Dumb Friends League | https://www.ddfl.org/
- Relay for Life Denver
- Family, teen and senior holiday gift drive for GIVE Denver, a program of Denver Human Services
- Coat drive in support of Coats for Colorado
- Sleeping Bag drive and fundraising for Sleep Tight Colorado
- Duffle bags for foster kids through Together We Rise
- “Roll Out the Barrels” food drive to support Metro CareRing
- Holiday party and toy drive to honor military families at Buckley Air Force Base in Aurora
- “Clean Out Your Closets” clothing drive to support Dress for Success, Denver Works and ARC Thrift Stores
- School supply and winter coat drive to benefit Gilpin Montessori Public School in Denver
- Charity walk teams, including raising money for and participation in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night Walk, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes
We'd love to hear from you!
Please use the button below to email a comment, question, or suggestion to the Outreach Committee.