COVID-19 continues to have an impact on all of us and as this year’s Denver Virtual Pridefest draws near, we want to ensure the CU community is still able to celebrate. Watch the Virtual Pride Parade live on The Center on Colfax’s Facebook page starting at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, June 21.
While our Pride floats may be a little closer to home this year, we’ve developed two activities to help you show your Pride.
- Identify an item or create one that shows your Pride. (Pride flag, T-shirts, etc.)
- Find a space in your home or your neighborhood that you feel allows you to be your authentic self. (Some of us may not be in or near a space that allows that, that’s okay if you have a photo in your collection that highlights a space like somewhere on campus where you felt a sense of Pride, please feel free to use it.)
- Take your item and place it in that space and take a picture. (You can choose to be in the image or not.)
- Tag CU in the picture or use the hashtag #CUatPride
- Create or buy décor that you think celebrates Pride.
- By yourself, or with others, decorate a space in your home.
- Take a picture and tag us in it or use the hashtag #CUatPride (You can choose to be in the image or not)
Share your photos and short videos and we'll share them on our Pride home page.
- Pride is a celebration that recognizes the history of the LGBTQ+ community and our future possibilities. We encourage everyone who participates to embrace and respect this.
- We ask that you ensure your pictures are full of fun and yet remain family-friendly as we share our Pride with the future generation.
- CU does reserve the right not to repost or ask for the removal of any image we are tagged in that is found to be promoting illegal activity and/or inappropriate or offensive activity.
***Please Note: Yard sign rules and regulations vary from city and county, we recommend checking your local guidelines.***